It’s happening. You’re sneezing a little more than usual, or you just felt a little tickle in your throat. Here’s what you can do right away:
- Sleep or rest (“Hello, Netflix”)
- Drink hydrating liquids (like water, less-sugar juices, or soup) and stay away from alcohol and caffeine
- Gargle with salt water
- Take hot baths or showers
You can do more things, but the ones below require a little more effort.
- Set up a humidifier (moisture in the air helps with congestion) or boil water and breathe in some steam (carefully, of course)
- Drink warm water with lime or lemon and honey
- Eat more fresh fruits and veggies
- Start taking a vitamin supplement or over-the-counter cold medicine, if you’re into that
We hope you beat it!
- Article – Mayo Clinic “Cold remedies: What works, what doesn’t, what can’t hurt” (2018)